The following guidelines are here to help us create a fun, safe and trustworthy environment for members to share their content and do business through their homes.
- Be nice, be courteous. Remember, we're a diverse community of people with different opinions. Everyone wants to be treated with respect, and showing respect to others makes the community better for all members and allows trust to extend widely across the community.
- Be responsible. Don't misrepresent yourself, don't claim false credentials or expertise.
- Share what you know. Chances are, someone could benefit from your knowledge, opinions, or personal experiences. Sharing what you know is one of the many ways you can make a positive contribution to our community.
- Respect copyright. Only upload content that you have created, or are authorised to use.
- If you see photos or videos that you've created in another member's page, don't panic. This is probably just a misunderstanding and not malicious. A good first step is to contact them and politely ask them to remove it. If that doesn't work, please contact the web master and notify him of your complaint. He can remove content which the community doesn't want.
- Remember that Linkmyhome is a community centred on homes, therefore uploaded photos, videos and any other material should restrict itself to that - the universe of houses and homes is vast! Be sensitive particularly about uploading photos where people can be recognised.
- Moderate your content in a proper and responsible way. Putting your content in the appropriate categories will allow other members apply filters in their searches and make sure they see and find what they are looking for.
- Linkmyhome's primary purpose is not for you to share moments in your private and personal life, there are many other social networks designed for that. On Linkmyhome we would like you to post content that specifically refers to the endless universe of your homes.
- Use Netiquette. Shouting (using upper case only) is not nice, for example.
- Don't be mean or obscene. Don't forget the children. If you wouldn't say it in public, don't post it on Linkmyhome. Don't be creepy.
- Don't upload content that is illegal or prohibited or not yours to upload. Don't post photos, videos or any other material that shocks or is violent or pornographic.
- Don't use hate speech, speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Don't vent your frustrations, rant, or bore the brains out of other members.
- Don't try to trick people into sharing their personal information, or break into places you shouldn't be. Don't threaten, harass, impersonate, or hurt others, and don't invade other people's privacy.
- Everyone hates spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, tags or titlles to increase views. It's not ok to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
- When registering the profiles of your homes on Linkmyhome make sure you do not use street addresses and numbers. Not a wise thing to do.
- Don't interfere with the proper use of the web site.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view.
- Members are allowed to upload content relating only to homes of which they are either owners or tenants.
- Linkmyhome encourages business relations amongst individual members owning or renting a house.
- Real estate operators can join Linkmyhome, but they will be required to register with a specific profile which lets other community members know they are representing properties on behalf of other registered or unregistered users.
Please take these rules to heart, you may lose your membership if you don't. Have fun with the site. There's a lot here to see and lots of amazing, interesting homes to be seen. Let people know what you think. Positive input is part of the experience and, when done with respect, can be a great way to make friends, join or make groups, share stories and make your time on Linkmyhome richer. So rate homes, leave comments to photos or videos that affect you, enter group discussions. Have a look at other members' homes, get inspired, do business.
We reserve the right to moderate all uploaded content.
That's it! Thanks for reading!
The LINKMYHOME Team.
For any comments or questions you can always write to email@example.com